1 year in house secondment – Health & Wellbeing – Account Director / Senior Account Director I £48-55K I London
One of my well regarded, award winning, fun loving and fast paced clients, is looking for an Account Director / Senior Account Director to work within one of their clients offices for a year as a secondment, covering a maternity cover! The client is a national brand that sits within the health/wellbeing arena, who are leaders in their field. The role will suit a professional who has previously/ currently working in house, or an agency candidate that is looking to gain experience in-house, whilst also working in the agencies’ offices. Time within the role will be split equally between the companies HQ on the outskirts of South West London, and the agency which is Central/East London.
You will have a strong background in the general consumer lifestyle sector, preferably with health and wellbeing though not essential. The role will sit within the Marketing team, reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing. You will have outstanding leadership qualities, be a self-start with loads of initiative, be a confident operator with the ability to think quickly and be comfortable with taking appropriate risks to maximise media opportunities for the business. Your strong interpersonal skills will be key for both the business and the agency you will sit alongside. You will need to have strong personal integrity and accountability!
- Lead development of UK long-term PR strategy, consistent with the global PR vision that establishes the business as a leader in their field and as a thought leader, which spans all lines of business.
- Identify and build strong, collaborative relationships with key journalists and other media contacts, to secure quality editorial coverage for the client in the UK Market
- Build and nurture KOL (Key Opinion Leader), bloggers and PR Spokesperson, and leverage these to enhance the clients visibility, relevance and image in the UK market
- Lead team to deliver breakthrough PR campaigns which create ‘talkability’ and that re-enforce the clients position in the UK health debate, provide synergy and amplification of their organisational and marketing efforts, and are seasonally relevant for each of the key seasons.
- Scale up profile of the clients Healthcare business. Identify and build relationships with key government contacts, to help build the brands Public Health Profile.
- Develop PR strategy and thinking to address key issues of modernity and relevance of UK meetings business, and step-change awareness of the clients Licensed Products businesses.
- Secure and nurture key media partnerships during key seasons to reach key audiences
- Develop a comprehensive strategy and action plan to keep the client at the leading end of the UK news agenda, including proactive sourcing of White Papers, desk based research, and research projects to feed the clients press releases with proprietary and compelling data/facts.
- Work closely with other internal departments notably; Social, Marketing, Licensed Products and Healthcare, Operations groups to ensure that all PR activities are co-ordinated and consistent with brand strategy across the business.
- Build key relationships across external agencies (Creative, Media, Publishing) to ensure collaboration and ensure all activities are co-ordinated.
- Provide effective measurement and evaluation for all PR activities and provide reports to the wider business
- Corporate PR (Marketing, Healthcare, Public Health)
- Damage limitation & reactive PR
- National & Regional press outreach
- Management of PR team and external PR agency
- Budget and reconciliation
- General Press Office
Get in touch with Jenny for an immediate interview!