PR Manager – Luxury outdoor brand I £50-60K I London
A PR Manager is needed for my lovely, central London based client, that are a luxury outdoor brand. The role is a new position to the business in London, though the brand has been going for over 50 years! The office in London is relatively new, 2 years since they launched and have a strong ever expanding team that they are now needing a PR Manager to join, who has expertise in the luxury market, preferably with retail / fashion as well with experience in creative strategic thinking and passionate about working with a heritage brand.
The brand themselves have a reputation for producing the best outdoor luxury outwear in the world! They have been manufacturing innovative, authentic outerwear for the likes of the South Pole research facilities to the streets of New York City, London, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto and Tokyo. People wear their products because of their reputation for quality, authenticity and style. Their customers live their products, they are an inspiration to the brand with many stories to tell!
This role is to report into the European Marketing Director, this role is responsible for driving the PR and integrated communications function for the brand in Europe; while inspiring and integrating into the global PR strategy. The role is responsible for developing and managing the day-to-day local executions of the global communications strategy, managing a network of European PR agencies, and forming meaningful relationships with key editorial partners throughout Europe. They are looking for a creative and strategic thinker who is passionate about working with a growing team to educate, excite and engage audiences with a powerful story and consistent brand voice.
Personality is extremely important in this hire, the team is diverse and very collaborative in their working. You will embrace the team, be honest and open about your thoughts / work process and generally be a great team player that will want to nurture a junior member of the team.
WONDERING WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
- Developing, implement and deliver strategic communications plan including appropriate measurement and metrics
- Manage European PR agencies
- Create and manage annual PR and project budgets
- Develop and implement creative, fresh ideas that will move the brand and company forward
- Act as brand ambassador in hosting media and influencers at strategic events and activities
- Build strong relationships and regularly engage with reporters to create and maximize media opportunities
- Localise creative content and write/edit corporate materials including press releases, alerts, product messaging, etc.
- Prepare media briefings and facilitate interviews for company spokespeople
- Work cross functionally with Brand, Digital and Trade to optimise impact and ensure consistent voice – e.g. Blogger/Social/Campaign/Key Retailer Activations
- Provide strategic counsel and oversee any issues management and crisis communications activities
Please get in contact with Jenny for an immediate interview!